So a couple weeks back, my blogging buddy tagged me in a question and answer post. I normally wouldn't engage in such frivolous and inefficient use of my time (yeah, right) but since Nina is my Geek Sistah (check out her so cute blog, Le Fancy Geek) and since her questions are super fun, I engaged. Premise is simple: I answer her questions and then I post my own questions, tagging 3 more bloggers. This is like those chain emails you used to fill out when the internets were still new ;-). Anyway, if I were taking a test, hopefully I passed! Also, if you haven't checked out Nina's blog, it's so delightful. I suggest you stop by.Who is your favorite Disney princess and why? We all have one, so don’t dare say you don’t! I am a firm believer that everyone has a "Spirit" Disney Princess, much like a "Spirit" Animal (mine is an elephant). If I had to choose one Disney Princess out of all of them, I would lean most toward the blonds (sorry, biased) but would land on Sleeping Beauty/ Aurora.
What song must you play at full blast and sing along to in the car? You'd think I would choose some sort of rock anthem or hair ballad but seriously, anytime Calvin Harris' Feels So Close comes on the radio, or my ipod or the TV, I have got to jam. Some friends and I were at Lollapalooza last Summer and this was the highlight of my trip for sure. Similarly, I will also blast Calvin Harris' Sweet Nothings because of aformentioned CH love and infatuation with Florence Welch. Let's brake for some music REMIX.
What’s your poison? (I stick to water for the most part, but I do love me some Root Beer)- I love the little Crystal Light Iced Tea packets and have been known to have a soda or two in my day... Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry.
What’s your favorite kind of dessert?- Cake, cake and more cake... better have good frosting, if that cake knows what's good for it.
If Ben and Jerry made a namesake ice cream for you like 30 Rock‘s Liz Lemon, what ingredients would you want them to include in it? Dang, girl. I am already a HUGE fan of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia but always wish there was a smidge more chocolate in it.... so I guess, add more chocolate to that recipe and we have ourselves a deal... oh and maybe add some brownies. Can you tell I am on a diet?
If you knew you were dying tomorrow what would be your last meal? (I’m so hungry, can you tell by my questions?) It would totally be Chinese Food, like everything they've got. It is seriously my weakness and I didn't even hesitate when answering this question. If I were dying, hopefully it wouldn't be due to the apocalypse because Mama needs Panda House to be open for business.
What is your most prized possession? Tough one because I have hung on to a lot of shiz over the years. I would have to say that now that I am married I would be obliged to say my wedding ring, but if we are talkin' what I have that I value that others might not? My framed picture of me and Celine Dion, along with the signed pamphlet and concert ticket stub. I love Celine Dion and that day was amazing. If you are here to dog on Celine, you can turn around and walk right out the door.
What are you currently obsessed with? (movie, tv show, book, music etc)- I am obsessed with Flea Market Flip, which is on HGTV and also with going to a flea market to buy things, which I will never flip but will be fun to renovate. That Lara Spencer has also taught me some valuable haggling lessons for the next time I actually do go to a flea market. I love watching each ep and have even made friends with the carpenter from the show on Twitter. He has invited me to the flea market in CT anytime... I may just take him up on it!
What movie can you recite word for word (or at least 85% of)? My sisters and I can recite "Labyrinth", the ever wonderful David Bowie/Jim Henson Creature Shop joint from the 80's. It's a wackadoodle movie but it's one of our faves... this would probably be followed shortly thereafter by Martin Short's epic turn in "Clifford".
Are there any fashion trends you fell victim to that you immensely regret? (I rocked a vinyl mini backpack and short sleeve velvet turtlenecks, but it was the 90s and I was 10 so I guess it’s okay…?)- In junior high, I thought I lived in Seattle and needed a ticket to a Nirvana concert in a bad way. I had so many flannels, baggy jeans and drew all over my converse sneakers because I was bad ass like that. I can remember my Mom begging to take me shopping to get some clothes that looked female. Also, I wore stockings with the lace at the bottom and no feet. Not svelte.
Say we’re living in the realm of Harry Potter and you are a witch — what would your patronus be and why? - Sorry I had to Google "patronus" (don't shoot me, Nina!), my sister is more into Harry Potter than I am. Once I Googled, of course I knew what it was but for those of you not in the know:
- "This ancient and mysterious charm conjures a magical guardian, a projection of all your most positive feelings. The Patronus Charm is difficult, and many witches and wizards are unable to produce a full, corporeal Patronus, a guardian which generally takes the shape of the animal with whom they share the deepest affinity. You may suspect, but you will never truly know what form your Patronus will take until you succeed in conjuring it."
- —Miranda Goshawk[src]
OK so now it's my turn to ask some questions and get some answers! I will choose 3 bloggers that I think would enjoy this but in no way, shape or form do I expect you to do this if you don't want to... though I swear it will be fun... and I will take some inspiration from some of the above fun questions!
1. What movie basically instantly sends you back to watching it as a child? Our family has a handful of favorites and I suspect you do too!
2. What is your guiltiest pleasure? I may or may not occasionally watch every single Real Housewives franchise.
3. Who is your favorite artist (musician, modern or fine arts)?
4. Which designer would you fill your closet with if money were not an issue?
5. What profession did you seriously think you would grow up to fill? For awhile there, my baby sister was convinced she would be a waitress on a helicopter!
6. Who would you leave your significant other for, hypothetically speaking? My man knows that if Captain America (Chris Evans) comes a knockin', I will answer and dive into his arms.
7. Besides blogging, what are your favorite pasttimes?
8. Are you an animal person? If so, do you approve of throwing a pet a birthday party complete with gifts? I am asking for a friend.
9. What do you recommend to people just starting out blogging that you wish you knew when you launched your baby?
10. If there was one thing you could change about your looks, what would it be? What one thing would you never, ever want to change?
11. Finally, Who is your Spirit Disney Princess?
I am tagging: (like I said girls, no presh)
Noelle from Rue Le Chat
Devon from Informed Style
Molly from Wicked Cheap in Boston