Hi all! I'm Emily and I blog over at shell chic'd. Huge thank you for Amanda for having me here today! Contrary to popular belief, my favorite shopping day of the year is not Black Friday or even Cyber Monday [despite my addiction to online shopping], but instead, Small Business Saturday, which takes place on the Saturday following Thanksgiving.
I love love love supporting small shops and brands, especially ones whose products are made in America. This year, I'm trying to embrace the idea of Small Business Saturday all December long, opting to buy handmade gifts as often as I can. In case you have been living under a rock [or perhaps just have better self restraint than I], Etsy is an amazing online marketplace full of individual retailers and smalle shops selling their vintage or handmade goods. The only downside to this online shopping Heaven? The hundreds of thousands of products are sometimes a bit daunting to browse through; so I have done a little but of work for you and have rounded up some of my favorite pieces from my favorite Etsy shops!
- "Holidays are for Martinis" Print, AmandaCatherine Design, $15
- No Bump Hair Ties, Oh Buoy Boston, $10
- Perfectly Plaid Button Earrings, Ivy Lane Accessories, $4.95 Sequin Hanger with Clips, Pearls and Pastries, $13
- Crochet Cup Cozy, Salem Style, $5
- Houndstooth Clutch, Sew Sarah R, $35 Wool Black Traditional Holiday Plaid Skirt, Preppy Pink Shop, $69.99
- The Secret Garden Book Clutch, P.S. Besitos, $83.76
- Gold Lobster Bangle, Simply Chic 93, $16
- Newbury Street" Boston Photo Card , Dear Friend Shop, $5.50
You can check out all of Emily's posts over at shell chic'd, follow her on Twitter or catch her photos on Instagram. You won't regret it!
Be sure to check out today's giveaway from Mood Fabrics!