I didn't have this color lipstick so had to use this as an excuse to buy some, which was very hard to justify ;-). The nail color, eye shadow, mascara and eye liner were all on hand so I took to adding all the elements together to recreate the makeup look that looks so lovely on so many different types of women.
I am sure the makeup artists at Alice + Olivia used really high quality makeup for the runway but us normal gals might have some nice makeup but we certainly can't afford to purchase MAC cosmetics in shades that aren't our forever staples. Anyhoo, I grabbed the goods and started painting face. I went bridesmaids dress shopping this weekend and in the daylight hours, I think this look was acceptable, though I think I will save it for more evening oriented events moving forward. It made these models gorgeous. It made me look a smidge on the pale(r) side.
- Paula Dorf Tranformer (from Eye Shadow to Liquid Liner), $19- This stuff I was talked into buying during a makeup consultation but it is something that I am happy to have. You basically use the corner of your eye shadow, use one droplet (I stress ONE) and very light mix the two together, Voila! You have liquid liner that matches your shadow perfectly. Love.
- Paula Dorf Angle Liner Brush, $24- For said above liquid liner magic
- Almay Crayon Contour Eyeliner, $6
- L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara in Black Brown, $7 My absolute favorite mascara because it makes me look like I actually have eye lashes!
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet, $7
- L'Oreal Colour Riche Eyeshadow in Neon Skirt, $7
Would you try this look yourself?
*Amanda Necklace c/o NamePlateDepot