1/2 cup soft butter or margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of finely ground Atlas Morning Blend coffee
1 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup cold Atlas Morning Blend coffee (tip: leave a little from your morning brew)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 tablespoon unsweeted cocoa
- In a medium bowl, with your handheld mixer at medium speed, beat butter with sugar until light.
- Add egg; bet until light + fluffy.
- Mix the ground coffee with 2 tablespoons of hot water. Stir into butter mixture.
- Beat in flour and milk alternately. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Drop, by heaping teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto the the cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Let the cookies cool.
- While cookies are cooling, let's make the glaze: In a small bowl, add sugar and coffee alternately to butter, stirring until smooth. Stir in cocoa.
- Spread the glaze on the cookie and let harden before serving.