Have you ever considered about making your own beauty products but stopped short because you thought it would be too difficult? Well, I'm hear to tell you that with a little time and a touch of motivation, you can make some pretty awesome stuff. A little recipe that I have tried (and really love) is one for a natural lip balm. I especially love this recipe because it can be tweaked to suit your taste and scent desires because using essential oils and extracts, you make little adjustments here and there. If you are an online savvy shopper, you can find all your ingredients on the nets but be sure to make sure you are purchasing from a reputable site, since this business is going on your sweet bod.
What You Will Need:
· 1/8 cup Coconut Oil
· 1/4 cup Beeswax
· 1/8 cup Shea Butter
· 1 tsp Coconut Extract (you can use Vanilla or Almond too)
· 1/4 cup fresh or dried herbs of your choice, rose petals works too!(I used fresh spearmint from my herb garden)
· 1 tsp Sweet Almond Oil
· Optional: a drop or two of your favorite essential oil (I added two drops of spearmint essential oil)
*This concoction makes enough for about 6 small containers
Put it all together:
- Measure all of the ingredients into a small saucepan. I would suggest using something that you're OK not cooking food in again. I use an old sauce pan for this + my candle making.
- Heat on low until everything is melted. Do not be tempted to crank up the heat. Patience is a virtue and since we're using so many oils, things will start sizzlin' at high heat.
- Strain out the biggest pieces of your herbs. You can leave them in for added sumpin' if you want. Totally your choice!
- Pour into sanitized containers that you want to use to store.
- Let cool completely (only a couple of hours) and they’re ready to use and share with your friends who will be completely impressed that you made your own lip balm!
Have you ever made your own beauty products?