In talking to her and trying to give her some positive reinforcement when she was obviously not feeling very positive, I decided that I should be doing this all the time. I should be positively reinforcing all the people that I love and care about... not just while they are feeling down. Positive words and actions can go a long way...
Tonight, I will...encourage some people I love... even if they are small gestures
- I will cook dinner for manfriend so that he can level up on a game that he hasn't gotten to play because he is an adult and acts like most of the time ;)... even though tonight was his night to cook.
- I will look on job sites and career listings for my downtrodden friend, to keep her hopes up... and send her some serious but also some totally ridiculous job listings.
- I will text my little sister a quote from Muppet Treasure Island... one of our family favorites.
- I will give puppy kisses and take him for that walk (first on the list actually)
- I will send an email to my grandmother to schedule breakfast at the "Shiny Diner" when I go to visit them next week.
-Say some real good prayers about encouraging others... 'cause sometimes it's sure tough.
-And I will read some of my crafting books that I got from the library... to encourage myself. Hugs!