So the man and I decided to go out on a date night together, our last before we took the plunge aka tied the knot this coming weekend. I obvi shouldn't need a reason to try something new out, like let's say a sassy makeup look, but a date night means I should probably spruce myself up a little extra, you know? Enter Coco Rocha's makeup look from the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards last month. She has a rocking coral/orange lip and a very interesting, detailed cat eye. I had some of the items on hand for this look while I used this as an excuse to pick up the lip color, which I unfortunately didn't have in my stash and the liquid liner with a nice tip for the cat eye. I don't know that you can get quite this color tangerine at your local CVS but this was pretty close. Let me know what you think!
- Miracle Skin Transformer "Treat and Conceal", $36.00 I use this all the time. It's a great concealer and also helps keep my skin clear or as clear as possible. It also helps create the illusion of an overall even skin tone, which I wish I had! I have raved about this before and will always tell you that it is well worth the money. Read my thoughts here.
- Physcians Formula Bamboo Wear Powder, $9.95 I love a nice oil absorbing powder because something I don't care for is oil on my face. This is a nice pressed powder you can purchase at the drug store and is also hypoallergenic, which is cool.
- Sephora Collection Eyeshadow in Aspen Summit, $12.00 I received this as a free gift with purchase at Sephora and was actually pleasantly surprised with how often I use this white shimmery eye shadow. It's very versatile and not over the top. Just right in price too!
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti, $7.50 This is definitely a decent lipstick, especially if you are just interested in trying a shade out. This is a great price and turns out the color lasts for quite a bit longer than I would have wagered.
- Becca Cosmetics Mineral Blush in Damselfy, $32.00 Love love love Becca cosmetics. You can say "Amanda, you are cray cray for spending that much on blush" but #1 this was a gift and #2 when it's gone, I'll buy it myself. It has awesome staying power and the pink it dusted with gold flecks so it's almost like a blush bronzer. Word.
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black, $8.95 This is my favorite liner if I want a really precise line on my eyelid. It's a liquid rather than pencil so it doesn't smudge as easy but the pointed tip is great for cat eyes and Egyptian goddesses.
What do you think? Will you give this look a try?